Fall 2018 introduced us to a great series of light novel adaptations my favorite being Tensei Shitara Suraimu Datta Ken. There are three things that are important to me when reading or watching a novel or anime, those three things must be story, visuals, and characters/character development. Tensei Shitara Suraimu Datta Ken has the bare minimum requirements that make good entertainment and more. I also love the way the story is told, it isn’t really heavy on jeopardizing conflicts like normal stories but rather it is the opposite everything goes well for the main protagonist. You could say he has really strong plot armor. If you play video games I’m assuming that you know of the common “slime” monster and how it is in most games one of the weakest monsters you find at the beginning of the game. (If you don’t why?) This time it’s different, the main protagonist is actually a human from modern-day Japan reincarnated into a slime to start another life in another/fantasy world. This “other world” genre is called Isekai which roughly translates from Japanese to English as fantasy or another world. I love the storytelling because the main character is always underestimated when he is actually one of the strongest beings in the world and is super overpowered. The slime who’s name is Rimuru isn’t cocky, selfish, or mean either, he is a really nice character but also very smart. Just when you think he’s going to die it turns out he has a secret ability that makes him easily able to resolve the situation he’s in. You have Kirito from Sword Art Online, take this terrible example and compare it to Slime. (#SAOhatebtw) SAO is far inferior to Slime, Slime is overpowered protagonist and Isekai done right.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37430/Tensei_shitara_Slime_Datta_Ken